To access our monthly Consumer Privacy Suppression List, please click Here
Listproguru.com® provides lists, data processing services, and marketing services to help our clients provide relevant marketing and to help them understand their customers and prospects. The clients use the data for direct mail, email, and to make sales calls. Many of these services are described in greater detail on our website www.Listproguru.com®.
In addition, some of our services involve using and making available “business to business” data, which is obtained from a number of sources, including public directories, filings and publications, surveys and subscriptions. Listproguru takes great care to collect its business executives, job titles, and email addresses from public sources. Listproguru executive information is collected from telephone research where the data is provided to Listproguru over the phone. This information can also be collected from a businesses website where the executive name and email address is listed on the website or from print published directories that publish the executive name, title, and email address. Listproguru does not use automated web-crawling to collect executive information.
Listproguru.com® is a member of the Direct Marketing Association (“DMA”), and we adhere to the principle that consumers should have choices regarding how marketers use their data and market to them.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal Information is provided to our clients for:
- We provide lists with names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers to help marketers with sales prospecting, direct mail, and email campaigns.
- We sometimes create sets of consumer attributes – categories of personal interests that are grouped together based on common interests or preferences (“Data Segments”).
- We provide other data services, such as individual record look-ups in our AtoZdatabases.com® and infoFree.com® web services.
- We may share data, including PII and Data Segments, with business and data partners who provide to marketers their own applications.
When we interact with consumers online, such as through a website or online ad or an email, we may employ cookies and similar technologies, which also may contain unique online identifiers.
The above is not necessarily an exclusive description of the ways we may employ PII and other data. By permitting marketers to reference PII and other data when they send offers to their customers and others, we do so to help increase the likelihood that marketers will send relevant and desired, rather than unwanted offers, content, coupons and ads.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites and other online services use to store information about users on users’ own computers. For instance, cookies can be used to store sign-in credentials so that you don’t have to enter them each time you return to a website, or to store other information to make web viewing more customized or efficient upon future visits. Cookies also may store a unique identifier tied to your computer so that web services and content and advertising networks can recognize you across visits to different websites. You can configure your Internet browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or to refuse all or certain cookies completely. However, this may interfere with the functionality of your web browsing or your ability to fully use many websites.
- Pixels or web beacons. Pixels or web beacons may also communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Pixels can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed.
We sometimes work with third parties to enhance our services (e.g. for purposes of retargeting and tailoring ads, or placing browser cookies). These partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your device, which may have cookies with varying expiration period. Those partners may, likewise, collect various types of anonymous or de-identified information about your browser, device, or browsing activities through use of these cookies.
We also may place cookies when you open an email that we send, in order to help understand how email recipients respond to email campaigns, or to learn more (or help our clients learn more) about those recipients.
When you visit our website, we may place cookies to help us target or re-target marketing to you when you visit other websites or web or mobile applications – for instance, to tell you about our services, events and other information about our company.
Your Opt-Out Rights
- Opting Out of Listproguru’s® Database. You may click here to send an email to us to opt out of Listproguru’s database. If you do so, please include the following information in your email: (a) first and last name, and (b) current address. We also recommend that you provide us with other addresses you have lived at in the past five years, which may help us to opt you out even if we have not yet acquired your current address information. If you decide to opt out in this way, we will stop using data in Listproguru’s proprietary database to help our customers send or tailor ads and content to you, including through email, direct mail or online display marketing. (It usually takes us between 30 to 60 days to process this opt out through all of our databases.) Doing so will not opt you out of our customers’ or our partners’ databases, only data in Listproguru’s own database – so other companies that we work with may still send ads, offers and content to you.
- Opting Out of Online Targeting. If you wish to opt out of other third party ad platforms and ad networks (including ones we work with and may have transferred data to in the past), we recommend visiting the opt-out pages offered by the Network Advertising Initiative and the DAA’s AboutAds program. Opting out through the above methods will cause one or more opt-out cookies to be set on your browser or device, to indicate that you have opted out. Opting out in this way won’t prevent you from seeing ads: but it will in many cases lead the companies listed to stop customizing ads based on inferences they have made about you or your interests. Note that opt-outs are browser-specific, so opting out on one browser will not affect a second browser or device that you use. For the same reason, if you buy a new device, change browsers or clear all cookies, you’ll need to perform this opt-out task again.
- Unsubscribing from Our Emails. In addition, when we send an email to you (whether on our behalf or on behalf of a client), we will provide a way for you to opt out of receiving emails from us in the future. Usually, this appears as an “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in the footer of the email.
International Users, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Listproguru.com® recognizes the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework (collectively, “Privacy Shield Framework”) as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. Listproguru.com® does not collect or use any personal data from the European Union and therefore has not pursued self-certification to the Privacy Shield Framework.